Below is a list I put together of the best art desks currently available.
A quality art desk will provide you with a clean and comfortable surface that you can work on for several hours while allowing for easy access to drawing or painting supplies.
What is an art desk?
Art desks differ from traditional desks as the surface can be tilted to varying angles. Art desks are often made from glass and feature height adjustment knobs so you can draw comfortably for an extended period.
Common Art Desk Features
Surface material – is made from glass, MDF, metal, and wood. A glass surface allows the artist to attach a lightbox underneath for drafting or tracing purposes.
Surface size – ranges from 34″ to 62″ in width and 24″ to 36″ in length. Be sure to purchase a desk that can accommodate your drawing surface. Footprint size should also be considered so the desk can fit in your studio.
Surface tilt – ranges from 0 to 90 degrees. A wide range allows for maximum comfort and utility.
Frame material – available in either wood or metal. Metal frames offer stability and are often easy to assemble.
Height adjustment – can be fixed or variable. A variable height adjustment may be considered by shorter or taller artists so you can work more comfortably.
Storage drawers – allows for easy access to writing instruments such as pens, pencils, charcoal, erasers, straight edges, and more. Storage options vary among desks.
Seating – may or may not be included with the art desk. A traditional desk chair won’t work if height adjustments aren’t available. Instead, a drafting chair or stool may need to be purchased separately.
Here Is My List of The 10 Best Art Desks
1. Studio Designs Art & Drafting Table
The Studio Designs Art & Drafting table features a 36″ by 23.75″ surface area that can tilt up to 40 degrees.
- Features 3 side storage drawers for your art supplies.
- Flat top surface allows for a place to rest supplies when working.
- Includes 6-floor levelers for flat and non-skid feet.
- Made from heavy-duty stainless steel.
- Includes a 20.5″ padded stool with 360-degree footrests.
- Comes with a 24″ adjustable pencil ledge.
- Available in 7 colors.
- Features a bottom shelf to store large supplies.
- Easy to assemble instructions.
2. ZENY Art Desk
The ZENY Art Desk features a work surface of 34″ by 23.62″ that can tilt up to 45 degrees.
- Includes a left-sided auxiliary tabletop that is 23.6″ by 15″ to set supplies and materials.
- Features adjustable height that ranges from 28″ to 35.8″.
- Comes with 2 easy-access storage drawers beneath the drawing surface.
- Non-slip rubber feet provide the desk with surface stability.
- Equipped with cup holders, small storage trays, and pen holes for quick access.
- Includes a slide-up pencil ledge.
- Compatible with most adjustable straight-edge rulers.
- Includes a 20.1″ high metal stool.
3. Klopfenstein Tilt-Top Art Table
The Klopfenstein Tilt-Top Art Table is a minimalist and simple surface that features a variable height adjustment between 32″ to 45″.
- Features top angle adjustment that pivots up to 180 degrees.
- Melamine top provides a smooth and consistent surface.
- Industrial solid steel design.
- Rubber feet provide a non-skid footing.
- Available in 36” by 30” and 42” by 30” surface sizes.
- Includes an adjustable pencil ledge.
- Folding flat design allows for compact and easy storage.
4. Studio Designs Glass Futura Craft Station Art Table
The Studio Designs Glass Futura Art Table is a multi-functional desk that features convenient and accessible storage.
- Includes 2 side trays for easy access to frequently used art supplies.
- Features a 38″ by 24″ multi-purpose tempered glass top surface.
- Comes with adjustable floor levers for added stability.
- Surface can tilt up to 35 degrees.
- 3 slide-out drawers that can be mounted to either left or right sides.
- Available in 5 different color schemes.
- Several accessories available for purchase separately including light pad bars, LED bar lamp, chair, stool, utility cart, and leg extensions.
5. Vintage Rustic Oak Drafting Table
The Vintage Rustic Oak DraftingTable is a traditional art desk that features a 42″ wide by 30″ high working surface.
- Features a built-in 24″ rounded and wooden pencil groove.
- Available in 2 color options which include rustic oak and distressed black.
- Surface area tilts up to 90 degrees.
- Solid wood frame allows for a stable and sturdy drawing surface.
- A smaller 36″ by 24″ drafting table available for smaller studios.
6. Studio Designs Graphix II Workstation
The Studio Designs Graphix II Workstation is made from heavy gauge steel construction that is easy to assemble.
- Top angle adjusts up to 30 degrees.
- Dual-lift mechanism allows for stability and weight support to the main work surface.
- Height adjustment legs range from 27″ to 38.75″.
- Split table top design provides a small flat surface for resting supplies.
- Available in 3 different sizes.
- A deep pencil storage ledge rests beneath the surface.
7. Studio Designs 10053 Vision Craft Station
The Studio Designs 10053 Vision Craft Station features a tempered safety glass top that can tilt up to 70 degrees.
- Includes 4 removable side trays for frequently used drawing supplies.
- The powder-coated steel frame provides stability atop the 4 caster rolling wheels.
- Features 3 small bins for extra storage space.
- Pencil ledge also acts as a small storage area.
- Desk stands at a fixed height of 30″.
8. Martin Universal Design Ashley Hobby Stool Art Table
The Martin Ashley Hobby Art Table is a budget-friendly and small drawing table for student artists.
- The wood top provides a 23.5″ by 35.5″ drawing area.
- Features a lightweight tubular steel-frame for an easy-to-move light table.
- Includes oversized height-adjustable knobs that can provide a 26″ to 30. 5″ high drawing surface.
- Comes with a vinyl padded stool.
- Multi-purpose design is ideal for artists, hobbyists, and drafters.
- Side area plastic bin offers three drawers for additional storage.
9. Meeden Solid Wood Drafting Table
The Meeden Solid Wood Drafting Table features a hardwood frame that provides both a sturdy and stable drawing surface.
- Features smooth birch wood construction.
- Includes a fixed 25″ long wooden pencil ledge.
- Height adjustment dials allow for a surface height between 29.5″ to 37.5″.
- Smooth and minimalist design allows for multi-purpose use cases.
- Includes a 24″ T-Square for drafting purposes.
- Complimentary wooden stool sold separately.
10. Studio Designs Wood Drawing Table
The Studio Designs Wood Drawing Table features a 42″ by 24″ hardwood drawing table.
- Slide-out drawer has 5 partitions for efficient supply storage.
- Features a tilting top that can be lifted up to a 30-degree angle.
- Comes with a wooden adjustable pencil ledge.
- Table height is fixed and features flat feet.
- Matching wooden chair is available separately.
- Features 16 incremental angle adjustments.
- Multi-purpose wooden design is good for most home offices and study rooms.
I hope this list was helpful in finding the right art desk for your needs. Be sure to read our other guides when purchasing additional art supplies.